Frequently Asked Questions
Is it painful?
Thread-Lift treatment is virtually pain-free. Threads are loaded in very fine and extremely sharp needles, making implantation virtually painless. Only a topical anaesthetic or local anaesthetic is required depending on the threads used.
Are there any side effects?
There is potential for bruising and slight swelling. Redness of the treated area can last up to 24 hours. You can continue with daily life immediately.
Are the results natural?
Thread-Lift treatment makes it possible to regenerate and firm the skin naturally, without changing your features or facial expression. You’re still you… just younger-looking and revitalised!
How many threads do I need?
The number of threads required will depend on the patient’s characteristics and the areas to be treated. Obtaining a regenerative effect that brightens skin and improves texture requires many threads. But your specialist is the one to decide. Ask him or her for advice.
When will I see the results?
There can be some immediate results seen. Thread-Lift treatment repositions sagging skin, providing a more youthful appearance. At that point, its regenerative action kicks in, increasing oxygen supply to the cells and stimulating collagen and elastin production. After a month or two, skin will be younger, firmer and brighter looking.
Pre and post-treatment advice
- A course of Arnica tablets is recommended for up to 10 days prior to treatment to help prevent bruising.
- Vitamin C tablets from 1 week before until at least 3 months afterwards. Vitamin C assists collagen production.
- Should a pain killer be required, avoid aspirin as it encourages the appearance of bruises.
- Avoid coffee, tobacco and stimulants in general.
You might experience:
- Some mild discomfort and tenderness after the procedure. You may feel a slight tightening sensation as new collagen is produced around the threads. This may last for 2 weeks.
- Occasionally the needle may puncture a small blood vessel resulting in a bruise.
- Swelling and redness: This may result following the procedure due to injection with the needle. Your face might be slightly red with small bumps (needle entry points) and with some slight bruising around the target areas, but this will subside after few days.
- Please do not touch treated areas for 4 hours after the treatment.
- Please avoid sleeping on treated areas for 3 nights.
- When a bruise does appear, please apply Arnica cream a few times a day.
- Please do not plan any facial treatments after 3-4 weeks’ post Threads treatment.
- Avoid strenuous exercise and warming of your face 7-10 days.
- Please do not plan any laser treatments to treated areas for next 4 weeks (Laser might break new collagen, which has been stimulated and procedure after the PDO Threads treatment).
You will be able to see results almost as soon as you leave the clinic however, it is important to keep in mind that it takes 10-14 days for collagen to start working. You will start to see the effects it is having on the appearance of your skin after 4 weeks’ post treatment.